Desire HD to have date with hammerSupport

1. DYRHJO

DYRHJO New Member

I have had my desire HD for about 18months now and it has started to do some strange things. About a month ago it started randomly turning itself off and then reseting the time and date back to 1980. I have removed the battery and sim card covers and cleaned and adjusted the copper circuit prongs, it seemed to work better for a couple of days but now back to switching itself off. I have also done a factory reset thinking it could be a malicious app. I am getting really frustracted by it now and I am starting to think that the best option would be a new phone and a sledge hammer for the DHD........

Anybody have any ideas what could be the cause of the problems and any solutions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

Are you on the latest version of Gingerbread?
  3. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

If you've had it from new, then it's likely to still be covered by HTC's two-year warranty.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  4. DYRHJO

DYRHJO New Member

Hi Brutal,

Not sure what it is running, I have not had a software update for a few months now. Is there anyway that I can check and update?

Thanks.
  5. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

Yes...go to settings >About>Software. It should tell you in there or click on update and again it should tell you what you have installed and whether you can update.