• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire HD won't start up after update

Nickel89

Lurker
Nov 22, 2012
Any thoughts on this? My D-HD said it needed updating, so I did. Seemed to go well. Then went to reboot, screen went white with only the green HTC logo in the centre and that was it.

Tried hooking 'er up to the computer. For a while it flashed green and orange (supposedly a deceased battery, but if so how can it stay on the white startup screen?).

HALP? D:

Replying just so you know we are looking. I am not the best resource when it comes to stock ROM's and issues, but it looks like there have been several of you with the same problem recently. Let me read up a bit and see which problem resolution worked out best.

For when the others get here:

1. Phone is from a carrier or unlocked?
2. Carrier and country if carrier locked.
3. I am assuming the phone is factory stock and not rooted or anything. Please confirm just to be on the safe side.

If you can do the following,and post back the output, this will provide even more useful information.
first download and install these drivers: revolutionary drivers

then,download this small file:
mini-adb.zip

-unzip it,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of your C drive(not inside a folder)

-open a cmd window(with win 7,click start bubble,type "command" or "cmd" in hte search box)

-now change to your mini-adb directory(assuming you didnt chagne the name). type in the black cmd window that opened on your PC:
cd c:\mini-adb

-pull the battery in your phone for a few seconds. hold volume down,then power. hold them both until you see the white/colored writing hboot screen

-select "fastboot" from the hboot menu with the vol rocker/power button

-in your cmd window type:
fastboot devices

it should output your phones serial number. if so youre good to go. if not,youre apparently having a driver issue. i usually recomend these drivers from Revolutionary: modified htc drivers download and install the drivers(you should just have to run that file). afterwards,unplug your phone,plug it back in. make sure its in fastboot. as soon as you get a result from "fastboot devices" your ready to procede to the next step.

-in your cmd window,type(or copy/paste,is much easier):
fastboot getvar all

-copy the info that outputs here. right click in your cmd window,click mark,highlight it all in white. hit enter. paste the info here.

Credit to scotty85

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones