Desire - Heat issue and missing Apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. Tulstar

Tulstar Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I've recently had to perform a factory reset on my Desire, thanks to Google not telling it's users that changing from Googlemail to GMail in the UK will bugger up the Google Chat and Android Market. :mad:

Anyway, all is back to normal now, apart from the fact that there seem to be a few apps missing from the Android Market? I've got the Unknown Sources box checked in settings, but I can't find Handcent SMS when I search for it? The font packs come up but the app itself is missing.

The other issue I have is with heat. When I use the phone for browsing the net, the bottom of the handset (near to the "with htc sense" writing) gets pretty warm. Should this be something I should be concerned about?

Cheers, Tulstar

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

The heat is fine, happens to every desire.

Unknown sources allows you to download non market apps!

Handcent is missing from the market, not sure why.

3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

go to 'settings/about phone/system software updates' and see if there is an update available for it, by resetting the phone, you may now be on an earlier version that the apps wont work on. (just a theory, but worth a go).

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Nope, its been physically removed from the market.

5. Tulstar

Tulstar Member This Topic's Starter

I'm glad that I don't seem to be the only one who can't find it in the market! It's no biggie though - I'll just use the normal messaging app until they stick Handcent back on there.

*EDIT* Just had a quick look on the Handcent website and they've released an updated version - perhaps this is why it's not appearing in the market at the moment...

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

RE handcent

Notice on the site says it's a Google issue, and the devs are investigating.