Desire internet troubles (wife giving me grief)

Last Updated:

1. weeman

weeman New Member This Topic's Starter

The wife has the desire on O2 contract.

the last couple of days we cannot connect to the internet at all, where ever we try in various locations.

Also i since we have had the phone above the up/down screen arrows i have only ever seen "G". i have since seen the status icons on this site and it shows 3G, H alsorts.

are we getting crap service or only basic internet access without the full speeds??

please help

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

The internet service for O2 went down a few weeks ago, perhaps it's gone again today. Try checking the O2 forums to see if others have been affected.

3. weeman

weeman New Member This Topic's Starter

anybody else??

i have not had the internet phone access for 2 days now. also do other people have anything other than "G" displayed at the top above the up down arrows??

4. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

I am with o2 and i am connected to the mobile internet with the "H" symbol with no problems.

Have you tried rebooting the phone? There have been a few occasions where i couldnt get connected to the mobile internet and i rebooted the phone it came back on.

There is a thread on here where people have experienced the same problem and the only solution so far is to reboot the phone.

5. philayl

philayl Well-Known Member

I am with Tesco,(for Tesco read 02) and have no problem with the internet.

6. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I'm fine on O2.

Go into your settings, then to wireless and networks, then to mobile networks, then network mode . Set this to GSM/CDMA auto.

7. rasobey

rasobey Well-Known Member

Your SIM card may also be 2G only in which case you'll need to get a 3G one from O2.