desire & iphone

Last Updated:

1. ukjets

ukjets Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As i bought my desire a few months ago, my contract is now up and i can choose another phone, as i really don't understand the hate shown for the iphone i am thinkng of getting a 3gs,as a second phone, as i think that there are a lot of apps that are still better for the iphone. so i wondered is there anybody else who uses both the desire and the iphone.

or can somebody recommend to me what i should choose for my renewal?

Advertisement
  2. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

Yawn.

3. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Your contract is up after a few months? That doesn't make sense in any way. Neither does replacing a

4. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

I was about to say that, how can it be up already? Unless you have insurance which lets you cancel it after a few months?

But, I do agree with the others, why give the Desire up, for a 3GS? My partner sold the 3GS for a Desire and hasn't looked back since. Imo, the Desire is the best one you can get atm, still. Id keep it for a few more months until something better does come out.

And if you want an iPhone for the apps on it, etc.....well, imo, ur better off getting an ipod touch. I was going to do that, as was my partner, or one between us - but neither of us have missed the iPhone so we havent.

5. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I assume he bought his Desire in the middle of a plan, and now can get an upgrade.

How much more would an iPhone 4 cost over the 3GS? You may be able to sell it for quite a bit.

6. ukjets

ukjets Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you read my post properly,I said I BOUGHT my desire phone, but my phone contract with my provider is now up for renewal and was just asking for some advice .

7. Kryten2k35

Kryten2k35 Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't touch an iPhone with a 20 foot barge pole, unless I was selling it :D

Personally, I'd upgrade to an iPhone 4 and sell it to recoup the money you spent on the Desire.

As for the apps, the iPhone is a limited POS. The very reason I chose the Desire was for the freedom of an open source Operating System. The apps will get better for the Desire. The iTunes app market has been running for 3 years now, the Android market much less. Give it time.

8. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

In that case I'd probably just get the best deal on a phone I could from them and sell it when it arrived. I doubt you'll find many people using both the Desire and the iPhone.

9. beardyweirdy

beardyweirdy Active Member

What Bexy said ^^.

The only thing I'd consider the iPhone for over the Desire is the range and quality of games currently on offer. The iPod touch is actually a nicer device than the iPhone for this (thinner, but with better battery life), considerably cheaper and will play pretty much anything the iPhone can. Once Froyo is out for the Desire you'll even be able to share your internet connection with it over wi-fi.

If it's simply a case of how to best use your upgrade then I'd either negotiate hard for a competitive sim only package, or get the phone that's got the best resale value and stick it ebay.

10. Kryten2k35

Kryten2k35 Well-Known Member

Yeah, tell them you've got a Desire and you want a competitive package you're your going to switch to Giffgaff. Unless they could beat those giffgaff prices and extremely competitive data packages (even for PAYG).

They'll put you through to retentions. Probably double your minutes and knock money off your bill. I'd tell them to hold the minutes and give you free data. Demand money off your bill.

Getting an iPhone would be a huge waste of time and make you party to some pathetic Apple overpriced useless fad.

EDIT:

Giffgaff gets you:

11. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

My old Iphone 3GS now belongs to my wife. After a week I wanted to sell the Iphone as I didn't like all the restrictions on what I could and couldn't do with it. I'm now running FroYo on my Desire and it is by far the best phone I have ever owned. Does everything I want. Very happy now that I can install apps to my SD card. There seems to be more and more content in the Apps store every day too.