desire lock screen

Last Updated:

1. class478

class478 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, have owned my desire for a good while now and because i am branded to orange uk i only got the froyo update on fri 1st oct after a lot of flaffing from orange.
    all seemed ok but the other night the phone developed an unusual quirk.

normally to open the device you press the power button then drag the bar down on the lock screen to open to the home screens.
    suddenly, the lock screen doesn't appear, just power button straight to home screen. not good for pockets.

have tried several alternatives from the market and they seemed to work but i didn't like the way that some of them were able to unlock the phone by pressing just the home key(kind of defeating the purpose of a lock screen really)

rang orange and after some head scratching the guy told me to basically debrand the phone and revert to generic 2.1 from HTC, a process which only the other day called for the reaction "this may effect your warrany"

while i was messsing with all this, the default lock screen has started to work again. but i don't trust it to stay working!

any ideas please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. papa j

papa j Well-Known Member

i had the same problem with mine , spoke to a lady at orange we went through all the diagnostics and came up with nothing , so after talking to one of there phone guys they said to do a factory reset.
    and i got

class478 likes this.
  3. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I think lockbot is the one that prevents menu/home buttons from bypassing.

4. class478

class478 Member This Topic's Starter

yeh they told me the same. factory reset. love the way they just come out with that as if its nothing. its a hell of a bother! even with mybackup pro. lets hope no issues now.