Desire locked onto roaming networkSupport

Last Updated:

1. wonkotsane

wonkotsane Member This Topic's Starter

I've had an unlocked HTC Desire on Three for a couple of months and it's all up-to-date - running on Froyo and updated again just this morning. Yesterday the phone dropped off Three and roamed onto Orange which isn't right because I get a full signal on Three in my house.

I phoned Three last night and they said there wasn't a problem with the network in my area. The woman I spoke to suggested taking the sim card and battery out, leaving it 5 minutes and then trying it. I did this this morning and it made no difference. I also set the phone into 3G only and manually scanned for networks and it couldn't find any.

I phoned again this morning and was told there is a known bug with the HTC Desire locking onto partner networks. I've been told to get the phone flashed but that sounds like a bit of a fob-off to me, especially when I can't find any reference to this problem on the internet.

Advertisement
  2. nijbuck

nijbuck Member

Hi mate.

I have an unbranded Desire also on 3 and have had the same proplam sporadically over the last couple of months.

I found that if I put the phone into airplane mode, then straight back on line, it would re-find the correct network.

Then, if you go into settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks>network operators> and then click on select automatically - that seems to have fixed it for good for me! Hope this helps.

3. wonkotsane

wonkotsane Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the response. It wasn't a problem with the phone after all, Three have decommissioned the mast near my house and now I can't get a signal in my street. They've offered to disconnect me after only 2 months for free but that leaves me with a dilemma ...