• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire model # says its an 8181 when I definitely have an 8182. What do I do?

ehoulston

Lurker
Oct 8, 2010
I have a beautiful HTC Desire which Im dying to use but I cant. The phone always says No sim card in phone when I put anything but a Telus sim card in it. The phone that I purchased which I confirmed by matching the serial # on the phone and on the box is a Desire 8182 which is 850/1900. When I go to Model # in phone identity it says its a A8181 which is 900/2100. Im thinking this is why it wont recognize my Sim card. In order to change the Model #, do I have to change RUUs, do I need to root the phone, or do I have to do something completely different. Sorry I just migrated from a BB. Please help as I cant wait to use this beauty!!

Welcome to the world of the Desire!

* The phone always says No sim card in phone when I put anything but a Telus sim card in it.
-> Guess it is operator-specific. Other SIM cards will not work.

* reg. model#
-> Why don't you take it back to the store you purchased it from? They'll know best. As far as I know, flashing/changing RUU's will not help.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones