Desire music genre's missingSupport

Last Updated:

1. indie13

indie13 Member

Hey, I moved from a hero to the desire and I'm loving it apart from the music player.

Basically I have about 10gb of music and its found the album art and names and stuff.....but not all of the genres are appearing. All my indie and rock tracks are displaying unknown genre on the phone but when I check on a pc they look fine. It's weird as some genres are appearing.

Anyone else seen this?

Oh Ive reset the cache a few times as well as reboots but no joy.

Advertisement
  2. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

You should be able to modify the tags for the songs to make it play with the correct information.
  3. CharlieCharlie

CharlieCharlie Active Member

Exact same, it's annoying the hell out of me.

Double checked on my PC and they are all filled in.

All I'm getting in music players is Unknown Genre. Even tried different music players and same result.
  4. CharlieCharlie

Found a way, it's bit long winded, there surely is an easier way, but arsed if I'm looking at this time of night. It would appear the ID3 tags on the MP3's need to be v2.4.

Quickest and easiest way I could find to do it was to open iTunes, select all my songs, right click then > convert ID3 tags > tick the ID3 tag box and choose v2.4 in the drop down box.

Obviously, you'll need to re copy all the songs back on to your phone, but my genres now appear to be all there and correct
  5. CharlieCharlie

Actually, ignore that, on second inspection it didn't work :(
  6. CharlieCharlie

I have however noticed that some Genres do copy over, (Alternative, House) but others like Loud and Classic House are still showing as Unknown Genre, so it would appear it a problem with the naming of the Genres
  7. indie13

indie13 Member

Can I ask you guys, do you have stock roms or messed up network roms? Mine is an Orange branded monster and I know they have messed with the music widget and the music player so I wonder if that could be the reason?
  8. CharlieCharlie

Using the latest Generic Rom
  9. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

I bought my Desire unlocked, it's brand free and stock Android and HTC. I also have this same problem. I did however find a way to get mine to work with my music.

I posted my solution here: Music Genres - Android Help.
  10. SeaBreeze87

SeaBreeze87 Member

If anyone is still having this issue, you can use the free player Rocket Music Player to accurately display your genres properly.