Desire not recognising the headset.

Last Updated:

1. Mr Sworld

Mr Sworld Active Member This Topic's Starter

My Desire doesn't recognise the headset when I plug it in. ie the little symbol doesn't appear in the bar and nothing will play through the earbuds. :confused:

Anyone else had this problem or is it time to take it back to Carphone Warehouse?

Advertisement
  2. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

I had this once with normal headphones. I unplugged them and then tried again and they worked. No idea what happened there.

3. Mr Sworld

Mr Sworld Active Member This Topic's Starter

Turned the phone off, turned it back on again and it recognises the headset now.... Meh..

beardeye likes this.
  4. beardeye

beardeye Member

I was just about to report a fault with my phone for this problem. read that post and tried the same (very technical) solution which also worked!

thanks.

5. JayJayW

JayJayW Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me - turned it off and on again solved the issue for me too.

I happened to me when I plugged them while media was already playing - a youtube clip to be precise. Is that what sparked the bug for everyone else?

6. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

Happened to me when i plugged it into the 3.5mm port of my car, just kept on playing through phone speakers, like the cable wasnt there. Off/on set returned the phone to normal

7. Kwame Ansah

Kwame Ansah New Member

I am also having the same problem with my headset. tried all the suggestions on this forum but not working. Desire HD can't recongnise the headset. What can i do next apart from sending it back to T-mobile?