Desire notification/ringer volumeSupport

Last Updated:

1. eaglesally

eaglesally Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of a way to increase the message/calendar reminder volume whilst decreasing the ringer volume? The ringer currently deafens me, but if I turn it down I can't hear the calendar reminder or message notification. Also, is it just me or is the rocker switch for the volume control too easily accessible? I seem to turn it up, down, sideways (!) while trying to do other things on the Desire.

I have looked in the settings for calendar, but can't find a volume setting that isn't connected to the ringtone.

Advertisement
  2. doug713705

doug713705 Member

You can try sound manager. This app will allow you to manage your sound volumes independently each others.
    -System volume
    - Ringer volume
    - Notfication volume
    - Alarm volume
    - Media volume
    - In-call volume.

Also look in Settings/sound&display/ring volume and un-check the "use same volume" checkbox (free translation ;-) my Desire is french based).

3. Unfriendly

Unfriendly Active Member

I had problems with my volume until I got a gel case.
    Maybe this app can do something for you (I have not tested it)
    Volume Control - Cyrket

By the way, this app is really nice for volume change.. you can set it to activate on search button long press. (not sure if it will conflict with the other volume app I posted.. I think it might)
    http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/com.roy.volumecontrol/

4. beyond

beyond Well-Known Member

alternatively and this is only a short term solution but you could try lowering the vlume of the actual ringtone?

5. Paul141

Paul141 New Member

If you got Desire then in the Settings/Sound Settings/General/Volume it allows you to set Notifications at one setting and Ringtone at another. ;)

6. BurnCK

BurnCK Well-Known Member

Install AudioManager. It allows you to control Alarm, Media, Alert, Ringer, System and Voice Call volumes all from one place :)

I also had the same issue with accidentally pressing the volume. Install Volume Locker from the market....it makes you confirm any volume changes otherwise it changes it back to how it was.