Desire o2 2.2 update help

Last Updated:

1. @ndyk

@ndyk Member This Topic's Starter

So, I've had my Desire since May and been well pleased with it. I know I can update to 2.2 now and although there's been a few problems I've heard about can I get some advice on:

Is it worth it/what are the benefits?

How easy is it to do now the bugs have been ironed out of the upgrade, what is the effect on installed apps?

Benefits I've heard about are faster browsing, 720 video, making the Desire a hotspot - do these work, what else do you get?

I don't want to do a factory reset really before upgrading, will do a back up though and download via wi-fi. Should I turn off any syncing on the phone before I start or do anyhing else and how long should it take?

Cheers for your help, I know there are several threads on this already but can we like just get a fresh summary on this one to help others like me who haven't done the upgrade yet.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

2.2 is faster in general. Over twice the speed (although you won't notice THAT much difference).

You will also be able to move SOME applications to the SD card, saving some internal memory.

Wifi hotspot does work.

You should do this, even if you don't really see the benefits for a while, its just a much snappier, more battery efficient version.

@ndyk likes this.
  3. @ndyk

@ndyk Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Dan, reckon we joined this site at the same time - been looking at ur posts tho mate and ur a legend on here now, puts me to shame!

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah I got my O2 desire on release day after spending ages on the O2 forum waiting for it. Joined here pretty much straight away.

Legend? Pah ;) I know a little but there are much more knowledgeable people here than I.

But thanks for saying so.