Desire on AT&T?

Last Updated:

1. Sgroh87

Sgroh87 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm stuck on AT&T in the US, and I have tried the Dell Streak, the Captivate, and the Aria. I loved the Aria, but it's just too small for my tastes. The other two have been laggy and buggy, and I'd rather not go for them. I've heard that the Desire is a great phone, and that the Telus Desire uses the same bands as (and is therefore compatible with) AT&T. Has anyone done this? Is it difficult to get working on the AT&T networks? Did you have trouble with it? Does everything work as you'd expect (including 3G)?

Advertisement
  2. dgravo

dgravo Member

I have one coming tomorrow. It should work fine. I had one before and had to send it back. Once you put in the correct apn settings everything works great. The Telus one I had had no outside branding whatsoever and was super fast on att.

3. dgravo

dgravo Member

By the way. The Internet was all I had to set up myself. As far as the phone was concerned, I just plopped my sim in And it was good to go. To get the correct apn settings I just googles "att android settings" and a post on Modaco had them.

4. Sgroh87

Sgroh87 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Where did you order yours from? I know a couple of Canadians, but I don't know if they'd be willing to buy and ship a phone for me.

And on a somewhat unrelated note, I see that you currently have a Nexus One. When you get your Desire, do you have plans for your N1? If you're willing to sell that, it might be easier for me than ordering a phone from Canada.

5. dgravo

dgravo Member

I ordered it from onthegosolutions.com. I'll let you know tomorrow how it is. The first one was from negrielectronics.com and was defective and am still waiting on my refund. Their communication is very suspect. I have sent two emails since they received the phone and no response. I haven't had the nexus one for awhile. Just haven't updated my profile.

6. dgravo

dgravo Member

Received the Desire in the mail yesterday and everything worked as advertised. I am pretty happy with the transaction. I was alittle nervous because I had never dealt with them before but they were very easy to deal with.