Desire on Orange not vibrating

Last Updated:

1. Glasgowdesire

Glasgowdesire New Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone help please? I have the Desire on Orange and when I put it onto vibrate everything vibrates bar when someone sends me a text. Anyone know how to over come this problem? I have changed all my settings to vibrate too.

Also when I go to look up a contact to send a text to someone I have double entries Sim and Phone. Does anyone know how I can get the SIM entry to disappear?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. drnvc

drnvc Member

I had the not vibrating for incoming text thing when I first got the phone. First make double sure you have checked all the appropriate settings. I did this thoroughly and still had the problem. Unfortunately I had to do a hard reset a couple of times until it righted itself which is annoying if you have altered your base set-up very much, but it was really annoying me as I always have my phone on vibrate.

I recall reading on some other threads that a hard reset is sometimes the only cure.

3. laney88

laney88 Active Member

I had the same problem, first factory reset sorted it out for me and the phone setup stuff you do after the reset smoothed out a few other small niggles and didnt take long to do and sort my phone up again like it was before the reset.

Hope this helps.

4. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

I had this on a replacement phone that I'd restored from a previous backup. Reset and setup manually and the sms vibrate returned :)

5. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

i had this same thing, it bugged me pretty bad.
    long story short factory reset and installed my apps again.

Everything works now.

6. knappster83

knappster83 Member

An easier way is to download sound manager from android market. once in the app press menu and there should be vibrate options. I had same problem as all of you and when i got in the options low and behold notifications was set to dont vibrate even though it was set to vibrate in the normal options on phone! hope this helps!

Tyseyh likes this.
  7. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

just got that app now, il keep this in mind for if it happens again.

8. mpquikster

mpquikster Member

Just downloaded that and mine too was set to 'don't vibrate' even though I had all of the phones settings to vibrate. Hopefully sorted the problem, just waiting for a text now! Thanks

9. uc24681

uc24681 Member

Where do I find sound manager, ive been looking for it for a while, Thanks