Desire on Orange...Problems....again!

Last Updated:

1. TheMilkybarKid

TheMilkybarKid Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

Just a quick look on this forum supports my theory, Orange = good for most phone but not so good for Desire?

I got a Desire last week on Orange, I am very close to ringing up and cancelling my contract (7 day cooling period) because I havent had a good singal, it keeps dropping and when it is there i cant use the internet or facebook or even search the market.

Should I cancel the contract and go on T-Mobile?

Current contract:

Orange - 18 Month -

Advertisement
  2. DjLukeW

DjLukeW Well-Known Member

Try turning 3g off (Set preferred network to GSM) see if it makes a difference

did you get the phone in shop or over the phone?

3. TheMilkybarKid

I got it over the phone and ive tried everything inluding the FDN thing that Orange asked me to do,

the *#*#4636#*#* GSM Auto PRL thing, reset apn to default and I have managed to get 2g working which is a bonus but no 3g which is a bit of a bummer because my Blackberry browses internet faster and thats on 2g too :/

should i upgrade for this reason and that tmobile offer more internet usage or will 500meg be fine?

Im just a bit worried because this is my first android phone and already love and don't want to get rid to be honest. Or if i pay the extra

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I'd personally struggle with 500MB, but everyone uses their phones differently. A GB would most likely be ok for me, but I'd have to keep a close eye on it.

5. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

Sounds like orange have given you a 2g sim (its happened before would u believe)...take out your sim and if it doesn't have 3G printed on it then its an old 2g sim. If so get onto orange to send you one.

6. lspec

lspec Active Member

I agree sounds like the 2G sim...my wife and me both got orange desires mine is unlocked and debranded now and her one is still on orange bloatware. Niether off us had 3g at all and it took 7 calls to orange for them to tell us they had been supplied with 2g cards

Asked for 3g sims for both and they were with us the nextday by 1030 recoreded delivery

It may take a bit off prompting we had no trouble really as we have had smartphones with orange for 6 years and spend top wack...If they try and fob you off tell them you will go elsewhere

7. TheMilkybarKid

Thanks for the replies :)

I dont actually mind the Orange service and just to let you all know I got the phone back out of the box and im using it :D

And the sim is a 3g (well it sais so anyway on the sim card itself ) it may be my location but when its on gsm/wcmsa auto (dont know the letters hehe) it doesnt liek to connect but when its on 2g only it works... :confused:

Ill get them to send me another sim and say they must have sent me a 2g one.

I am going to unlock and debrand though over the next week and hopefully that along with a radio update should fix it :)