Desire on Orange

Last Updated:

1. biscuit

biscuit New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Looking to get the Desire but unsure as to what network to go with. Orange has the best tariff deals for me but I've read alot about their rubbish branding with un-deletable apps and lack of updates. I really want the phone as intended so if this messing about is more than just a mere inconvenience then I want to avoid it.

Would people say it's worthwhile getting the unbranded handset through Carphone Warehouse (or similar) given that I'll be paying about an extra

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

3. og.77

og.77 Member

I didn't do my research and ended up with an orange branded desire from phones4u. its a bit of a pain not getting rid of their apps or demos but i've learnt to deal with it. Its still a great phone. For

4. anoniemouse

5. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

mobiles.co.uk usually have deals that are at least as good as those from Orange direct and all the handsets are unbranded. I think they are owned by Carphone warehouse but deals are often better because they are internet only. They are great until anything goes wrong then the customer service is poor if you have a problem. They also bundle "free" services like insurance which you have to cancel in the first month or start paying for.

6. arjun_a1989

arjun_a1989 New Member

I recently got my HTC Desire on orange from E2save, and its been fantastic and doesnt come with the orange branded stuff. The only thing i need to get my head around now is the cashback system

7. anoniemouse

Those cash back systems can be a pain, the main thing is keep records of everything.

8. biscuit

biscuit New Member This Topic's Starter

I don't really wanna take the risk with rooting the phone to debrand it. Given my track record is likely I'll nause it up! Will take a closer look at e2save and mobiles.co.uk although their cashback deals look a little too good to be true and wanna avoid the hassle they may cause. I guess it's often better to pay a little more and get more than pay less and get less.