Desire on T-mobile: internet video & tv

Last Updated:

1. Rydey

Rydey Member This Topic's Starter

Having been optimistic that I would finally be able to use all the fancy bits of the internet with my Desire, I find myself somewhat nobbled...

I am particularly interested in using the BBC site - but I can't access any audio, video or iplayer from my phone. Beebplayer worked once, literally, but can now only access radio stations.

I have done some reading and understand that:
    • the BBC haven't yet released a proper Android app
    • the Flash lite that comes with 2.1 may not work with everything
    • some people have found incompatibility issues with T-mobile
    I appreciate that BBC is not the only fruit, but for a UK user of a multi-media phone, I find it crazy that I can't use their site properly. I don't appear to be able to access any live TV or news streaming elsewhere either.

My phone is not a fashion accessory - I bought it because I wanted a phone and reliable and quick access to news (in different forms), without the premium of an iPhone.

It's so frustrating, I feel like I've bought the wrong phone, even though I know it's not really the handset itself that's the problem! After all, it is marketed as having Flash and being more than able to cope with multi media on the internet... but apparently not for everyone.

Whilst waiting for Android 2.2, the BBC, T-mobile... or whatever else needs updating... what can I do?

:(

Advertisement
  2. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You can try m.tvcatchup.com or yamgo.mobi for tv streaming

I can watch all the vids on the BBC news site using the flash

4. Rydey

Thanks - will try those recommendations.

I don't understand why I can't watch the BBC news, you're not the only one I've seen who can.

5. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

6. Rydey

When I go to the BBC site (the main destktop site) all videos say I don't have the correct version of flash... but as far as I can tell I have the latest flash that works with Android 2.1. When I go to the download page there isn't anything to download for the Desire.

So, can you only access BBC video using the Froyo Beta with Flash 10.1 ?