Desire (Orange). Data doesn't work on 3g, calls don't work on HSDPA. Help!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Longfellow78

Longfellow78 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I've had an HTC Desire on Orange in the UK for about 6 weeks and it is having persistent problem. Firstly despite having a strong 4-bar out of 4 signal, online services and the internet do not work at all when a 3G signal is being received (e.g. news, weather, all widgets, internet, email etc).

Calls and texts do work however with a 3G signal.

But when a 3g+ signal (HSDPA) is being received, all internet services as above work fine.

However, when a 3+ signal is being received, the phone does not make or receive calls or text messages, and often fails to send texts. Calls I make immediately shut down (bleep +

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Sounds like an Orange issue.

Get them to reset your account options.

3. bigtart

bigtart Active Member

FWIW I am on Orange, based London, with a Sim Free handset and it works ok. I have not altered any settings to do with networks at all, just out of box functionality.

4. leeroykny

leeroykny New Member

Hi, I am also having the exact same issue with 3g as you and am also on Orange. This has been a permanent problem since I got the phone in april. I've completely given up with Orange as everytime I've contacted them they've either palmed me off with the same bs(mast down in your area) or gone through the same "fix" over and over.

I'm curious, have you had this problem solved yet, or is it still occurring?

Also, if anyone has any idea on how i can possibly get this fixed, please please PLEASE can you let me know.

Thanks Lee.

Ps. I've tried other networks sums in my phone, and 3g works fine.

5. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

Well last week the Orange 3G network was down for 2+ days for everyone on Orange. So I don't put much stock in the reliability of there mobile internet at the moment.