Desire/Outlook Calendar Sync ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Magani

Magani New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with a new appointment I've just entered in my Desire.

Problem shows itself as follows:
    1 Go to Doctor, get new appointment for 8:30am next Feb 14th.
    2 Enter appointment into Desire under PC Sync calendar. Shows up OK in calendar.
    3 Go Home. Sync with Outlook (2003 SP3) on home PC (XP Pro SP3)
    4 Outlook shows appointment as 9:30am on Feb 14th.
    Hmmm.
    5 Correct in Outlook back to 8:30 and re-sync.
    6 Desire now shows appointment for 7:30am. Arghhhh!
    7 Repeat... :confused:

Off the top of my head, I'd say that there's a Daylight Saving / Summer Time issue here, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to go about fixing it.

Note 1: I live in Qld, Australia. Qld does not have Daylight Saving during Summer, but other Eastern Australian States do.
    Note 2: I've only had the Desire for about 2 weeks, but no other dates have been increased/decreased by an hour when I've synced them.
    Note 3: Google doesn't seem to be my friend (at least with the key words I've used).

Any idea if this is a MSFT or an Android issue?

Help?

Cheers,
    Magani

Advertisement
  2. el_caro

el_caro Active Member

Silly question but have you set the Desire to Automatically get the network time value and is your pc set to Brissy time?

Magani likes this.
  3. Magani

Magani New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi el-caro,

"Silly question..."

No, no such thing as a silly question. :D

I immediately checked and found that the Date and Time settings were set to Automatic and then I found that my 'Current' location (as opposed to Home) in the World Clock page was set to 'Sydney, Canberra'.

Does anyone know how the Desire (or Android) figures out where you are? Is it a function of the GPS (doubtful, as it's been off the last 3 days), mobile/cell tower triangulation info, local WiFi info or from the telco's data. If the latter, then that's about par for the course for good old Telstra. :mad:

I reset the Date and Time settings to 'Brisbane' rather than Automatic and re-synced.

Guess what? The sync (both ways) ended up with both Outlook and the Desire on the same date and time for the appointment.

So I guess the actual problem has been (sort of) solved. At least I've got a work-around, but it would be nice if the phone could at least work out what state I'm in (physically, that is. It's got no hope mentally!)

Thanks and cheers,
    Magani

jazzcica likes this.