Desire partially boots at random?

Last Updated: 2011-07-05 20:04:12
  1. Rafalema

Rafalema Well-Known Member

Hello..

I have this problem with my Desire, has gotten really annoying 'cause I miss some calls because of it :(

So, sometimes when I'm using it, sometimes at random, the phone freezes for just a sec, shuts down all apps and goes to the input PIN screen. The SD card preparation symbol is there for a while, but all the widgets and other SD card things still work.

After I input the PIN, it instantly goes to my homescreen on Sense, everything ready.
    But after inputting the code, if I instantly go to Phone app to call someone, that app lags and I cannot call anyone until I reboot the phone. :(

So, do you guys think the problem in the SIM card or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Is the phone modified in any way. Sounds like the android shell is rebooting (rather than the whole device), but usually this happens due to kernels on custom roms...
  3. Rafalema

The phone is non-branded and non-rooted.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Well you could try a factory reset. If it still happens you could try a RUU. If still happening, return it.
  5. buddy1983

buddy1983 Well-Known Member

Mine does this from time to time but just rests to the Htc screen. I think have to wait for everything to loss again. Standard setup. No root etc.
  6. Foxspeed

Foxspeed Well-Known Member

Mine does the same sometimes.
  7. Rafalema

Pardon my stupidity, but what is a 'RUU'? custom ROM? something awesome?

8. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Nothing awesome, I'm afraid :)

It's a ROM Update Utility - a Windows program that will replace the phone's software completely. They don't install custom ROMs, but rather official HTC software.

There's more information in SUroot's rooting FAQ, linked from the sticky post in the root subforum (which there's a link to in my sig).