Desire - Phone not sleeping issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Hus882

Hus882 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I am new here so please be gentle! I have an issue with my desire, as alot of people have reported my battery life has taken a significant hit since the 2.2 update. Prior to the update i was getting about 2 days usage out of the phone, its now struggling to last a day at times and by that i mean about 8-10 hours. I think there is an application or process that is stopping my phone from sleeping and i was wondering if you could help identify and then fix it if possible?

Also, one of the things i have noticed is that my applications have started updating automatically...prior to 2.2 update I would get notified but could chose whether or not to download them...is there any way i can revert the phone back to the original state?

Thanks,
    Hus

Advertisement
  2. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

there are several ways to do it if you want to check what apps are running constantly.
    1. buy systemPanel app from the market, very informative app and from settings put it in monitoring mode from where you can get information on what services, when, or what apps and how much of processor power it uses.
    2. use ADB with adb logcat command (however it would take some time for me to explain how its done, but look on androidforums or xda-developers website for ADB usage)
    3. from main screen on your phone press menu button, go to settings, about phone, and then battery
    4. famous service command *#*#4636#*#* or get spareParts app from the market which works as the service number and then go through battery history, other usage or through partial wake usage or through any other option in that menu
    so all these should easily identify badly coded apps that are constantly running and after dealing with them your phone should sleep like a baby
    good luck :)

Hus882 likes this.
  3. Hus882

Hus882 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the response :), will check it out and report back!