Desire randomly scrolls through screens.Support

Last Updated:

1. alexburke90

alexburke90 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my desire yesterday and when as soon as started to use the phone, it would scroll from the home screen to the left or right. It won't stay on one screen sometimes. Other times it doesn't do this at all. When it is doing, I can go into a menu or something and it will scroll through the different icons. I don't know what the problem is, but it's getting on my last nerve.

Advertisement
  2. zeroeight

zeroeight Active Member

Are you resting your thumb on the optical scroller (between the menu and back keys at the bottom)? Because that can be used to scroll through the screens and apps.

3. alexburke90

alexburke90 New Member This Topic's Starter

No, I don't even have to be holding the phone and it still does it.

4. zeroeight

zeroeight Active Member

Well...that's all I have. Unless someone else has an idea of what it could be, or a fix, I guess you have to call HTC or your network and get a replacement.

5. mialou

mialou New Member

I would really like to have an answer to your problem too, because my HTC Desire - that is about 1

6. benaTRON

benaTRON New Member

my desire was stolen a week ago and I had the exact same problem you're talking about re: the random scrolls, however I'd bought that phone second hand and figured it was the result of it being dropped and breaking the track ball or something. New desire arrived yesterday morning - within 5 minutes - same problem!! perhaps its an issue with the firmware in different regions? I'm in ireland, hope HTC fix this, it doesn't annoy me too much as it doesn't happen all that often, much less if i don't use the track ball

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Sometimes the digitiser goes faulty and can cause this. Sure there's other causes too.

Check that every part of the screen responds well

8. kino

kino Member

i've noticed that sometimes if your hands are wet (or sweaty) and you leave a little water mark thumb print on the screen the whole thing goes crazy. i just wipe the screen clean and it becomes fine