Desire + RCA through truck radio = sucks

Last Updated:

1. elmore

elmore New Member This Topic's Starter

So i bought an RCA cable to hook my Desire to the radio in my truck today. The problem is when i play through my speakers, the sound quality is absolutely horrible. I can't even hear the words. But on earphones it sounds fine, and my ipod plays fine on the same RCA cable through the radio. Wondering if anyone else has this problem

Advertisement
  2. furious duck

furious duck Well-Known Member

I guess you've tried it with the volume set to low on the phone?

3. elmore

elmore New Member This Topic's Starter

Yea, I have no idea what it is, if the volume on the phone and radio are both low it is still bad sound quality

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

this can happen on some after market headphones too
    the 3.5mm jack recess is not always compattible with certain jack types (might have a slightly smalled length than standard or had an oversised plastic shell that stops the connectors from being completely flush.

when this happens you get a washy sound and frequencies get missed (like vocals)

5. funkmuncha

funkmuncha Well-Known Member

the stock music app on the desire does seem to have a very low output, though quality seemed acceptable to me.

i just downloaded poweramp, music app available on the market, it has a preamp fader to adjust "input" level, and the output level is much better using this

the interface is also super sexy.

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

that wont fix his issue, this is the exact sign of a slightly off sized jack, the desire is particularily picky about it.
    i can bet if he wigles it a bit he will find a possition that it plays perfectly but then moves and its off to being crap

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Rastaman is on the money here. Sometimes it only results in low volume, where yes, poweramp helps. The symptoms above though, no chance.