Desire rebooting when using navigation

1. benjiharris

benjiharris Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I have recently started getting a problem with my Desire rebooting when using navigation. The phone heats up and then eventually just shuts down suddenly and reboots. And today it got stuck in a reboot loop where it would show the first HTC screen then reboot again. It would do that about 2-3 times then start normally.
    Has anyone else had this problem? I am presuming it is due to the phone heating up so it shuts itself down?
    It has only started happening recently - I used to use it a fair bit and it would never do that.
    Is there a way I can prevent it doing it?

Thanks everyone in advance

Advertisement
  2. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

Sounds like a known fault with this phone: Overheating and rebooting when using GPS (and other battery intensive stuff).
    The repair is a replacement motherboard, but I have also seen reports of a new battery fixing it.

Whatever, it needs to go back for repair.
  3. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I concur, there were some phones that had overheating issues when heavily used and it would reboot itself. For most normal operations, the phone was fine. But as soon as the CPU and battery got hot, the issue appeared. If you've had the phone for a while and just started using Navigation, that would explain why it never acted like this before.

As SiHa said, the phone needs to go in for warranty repair.
  4. broads desire

broads desire Well-Known Member

mine has started to reboot itself alot lately.. im thining to full back up and then factory whipe and start from scratch..
  5. OrbitzSoftware

OrbitzSoftware New Member

I have just had my HTC Desire back from repair as it was rebooting 2 minutes into using the Navigation, everytime I tried to use it. Also on the odd occasion when doing a lot of Web Browsing it would reboot too.

The phone had its motherboard changed apparently and now it functions perfectly.

Dave