Desire - Resolution Grainy now? What happened?Support

Last Updated:

1. rlestage

rlestage Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I came across something very strange today. I've been using my phone all day, GPS, facebook etc, and I was just going through the normal HTC Wallpapers, and noticed all of the wallpapers were not High Resolution (HTC Wallpapers that came with phone)

They all had a grainy look, the color transition was very noticable, not smooth. Like a video card with no drivers and a picture that looks 16bit color.

Is there a setting that changes the resolution? I have no idea how this would happen. It's quite frustrating, any picture I look at now is grainy looking.

Android 2.1 TELUS HTC Desire
    Not Rooted, Running stock Sense UI

Advertisement
  2. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I'm guessing something you downloaded messed with the phone. I have 2 suggestions, first power down and restart. If that doesn't fix it, a factory reset to wipe the phone clean and start again (note this deletes all apps, messages, settings, etc., and you'll have to set it up again and download your apps again).

If none of that works, then it could be a hardware failure.
    :(

3. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

The gallery photo preview is always low res, it should show full color and resolution when you select it to appear on desktop.

4. rlestage

No go, just did a factory reset, same low quality 256 color looking. Also, poster above me, even full res pics that are the default HTC wallpapers are low color when applied as background. Few other things, the default black wallpaper from HTC has white dots now in the middle. All my photo galleries when I scroll through them thet have a reflection now underneath that is so awful, looks like pixeled reflection. All my icons seem to be transparent. Scrolling on webpages is so blurry now, and typing is so delayed....and rats after a factory restore. Good thing I purchased over the counter exchange warranty.

5. rlestage

Well,

I tested out a new phone and it does the same thing. This doesn't impress me, I hope this is fixed in Froyo (TELUS releases it in 2 weeks).

Another thing I noticed, if I go to WhatsApp Smartphone Messenger on my android, the green colors are blotchy, not smooth looking on the actual website from a computer. Can anyone else vouch this? I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my phone

sigh

6. rlestage

Can someone do me a favor?

I need to know if this is a coincidence or not.

Can you download two apps, one is Evernote, and the other is weather eye.

In Evernote, pay attention to the green border, can you tell me if it's a smooth blend from Darkgreen(edge) to light green(middle). On mine it has ripples like when you preview default HTC Wallpapers.

In WeatherEye, if you can look at the Dark Blue(Edge) and if it transitions smooth to the Light blue(Center). Again, mine is rippled and not a smooth color transition.

Thanks

7. mosephthegreat

mosephthegreat New Member

this happened to me just now when I installed the software update.

it's completely baffling. does anyone have ANY idea what's going on?

strikes me as a bug in the software update, but...