Desire ROM (MoDaCo - kitchen) success!!

Last Updated:

1. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Installed the MoDaCo Desire ROM this morning... looks pretty sweet I must say, despite my apprehension... Loaded up pretty much problem free, except for the APNs not being loaded...

Buuut... luckily I download the APN backup up before doing the whole unlock/wipe/new ROM, as well as the app back from Curvefish... so restoring as we speak...

Playing with it now... I did a custom ROM from the MoDaCo kitchen... so have some add-ons and such... so awesome... I don't know why I didn't unlock/root earlier! :p

Advertisement
  2. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

First thing I did with sense was go watch theendoftheworld.swf in front of my friend. Who has a 3gs.

3. mi_canuck

Flash is pretty amazing actually - no in itself, but having it actually WORK on a mobile device... the implementation isn't perfect, but it's way better than not having it at all! :D

4. mi_canuck

one thing i noticed... very different usage percentage patterns with the Desire ROM installed... same exact usage on my end... haven't done anything different to make the display usage % go from the 40-50% range all the way down to 6%... something weird... one of the battery usage panels - either the stock Nexus one, or the Desire/Sense one - is not report things accurately... i was always blown away that with the stock Nexus, the display was sucking up SO much juice, even when not on for the much time... so ??? :confused:

[​IMG]

5. Viralmind

Viralmind Well-Known Member

i was wondering the same thing.
    if i check display it will say maybe 60% but the usage will be like 1hr 12min.

that is super lame - it murders the battery.

6. mi_canuck

Just d/l'ed the Trackball Alert app (from lilhermit) from the Market... works AWESOME!!!! You can set a bunch of different colours, and even better, you can make your own custom colours!! Works perfectly!! So awesome... plus the flashing frequency is adjustable too, I left it at 2secs (which was default with the HTC Sense ROM, and waaaaay better than the 5-6sec delay of the stock Nexus ROM... I missed a lot of notifications since I'd glance in the in between flashes...)

Anyone with the MoDaCo Desire ROM - highly urge you to get the Trackball Alert app... it's free... but you NEED to have the MDC custom or Desire ROM installed... woohoo!!! :D