Desire ROM - Touch-to-focus camera work?

Last Updated:

1. yakboy

yakboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got back from my hols where i used my (stock) N1 camera a LOT. Got some great pics but a few certainly highlighted just how important touch-to-focus is to me.

Was quickly reading a review of the Desire and read it has touch-to-focus. Was just wondering if anyone who is actually running the modaco desire ROM on their N1 can confirm whether this works?

I'd also be interested to know if I could just use the desire camera app on a rooted N1 with Cynanogen? I'm rather partial to the stock appearance and not massively inclined towards Sense UI.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Yes, it does. If you aren't inclined toward the sense experience it has been ported to other roms now.

3. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

I confirm this.

However I'm using the Desire Rom until 2.2 drops. I've become so accustomed to it I just simply can't turn back now! :p

4. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

i feel like the desire rom is too limited at this point. that and it seems as though a lot of apps gave people problems(i can't personally speak to this, just what i've read about on various threads) when run on sense. i would assume the same to be true of things like beautiful widgets and the like. your thoughts?

5. yakboy

snot and mud - thanks for the replies. I'll take a look this weekend at rooting and getting myself some touch-to-focus action. thank you.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

6. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

Ported to other ROMs? Is it available for the Nexus One without running the Desire ROM? I run Cyanogens ROM and would love touch focus. Its the one feature I love on the iPhone.

7. microman777

microman777 Member

8. yakboy

Awesome, thanks for the confirm.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

9. mdubs

mdubs Member

Another confirmation here. Loving the kernel+camera package. Battery life has improved (this is a subjective point, ymmv) and the camera is wonderful.

Touch to focus is good and all, but my most loved feature of the Desire Camera.... Facial recognition. I got some very good pictures over the weekend and didn't have to worry about keeping the subject's face in the center of the shot. And then I've got touch to focus when I'm taking pictures of the dog!

10. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

i third.... got turned to this today and at first didnt like it but theres alot more options.. i can get use to it

11. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

I just updated to Cyanogen 5.0.6 and I'm loving it. Baked at Modaco with the Desire camera app and it's just like it was when I had my iPhone again.

A few things I don't like about it. 1) it says 'press the trackball to take a photo' every time I open the app. 2) the buttons on the right hand side are just icons and are quite non-descript once you've taken a picture. I had to do some trial and error to work out wtf they did. :p (obviously not the delete button, that ones obvious)

12. Euforeik

Euforeik Well-Known Member

Enomther's Mod also had the HTC touch to focus camera. works fine.