desire s crashing - root and flash?Support

1. stu9000

stu9000 New Member

Hi all
    My 5 month old desire is crashing and id like a few tips on solution. Love this phone! Is there an Android OBWan that can save me?
    Symptoms are that the screen goes black (shut down) and I have to press the power button to restart. Seems not to crash when connected to the data cable. All apps removed. Tried factory reset. Battery seems to not charge over night to 100% like it used to. Phone shell was exchanged and the new one does the same. Im still on the old battery so it could be that BUT

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi Stu, I've moved your post to the Desire S forum, hopefully users of the device will be able to offer some advice.

Welcome to AF, BTW :)
  3. stu9000

stu9000 New Member

thanks for the move.

Phone is still playing up.
    Much more stable when plugged in.

Unplugged, crashes when it goes online.

Im itching to root it but will wait for the battery and then send it off to HTC.
    Its much quicker going direct to HTC than through Vodafone (I HOPE)

S
  4. FoX777

FoX777 Well-Known Member

@stu9000

I assume warranty is a no go?

Before rooting/downgrading a few other things to try;

1) Make a goldcard, I predict you needing one down the line...... (at the very least get the memory card CID (mmc2))

2) Try a factory restore in recovery mode ( boot into hboot > Recovery > once in recovery go vol up plus power to bring up menu)

3) If that fails then it is VERY likely a hardware fault, but if you want we can still try to root and try a different ROM.