• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help desire s crashing - root and flash?

stu9000

Lurker
Mar 30, 2012
Hi all
My 5 month old desire is crashing and id like a few tips on solution. Love this phone! Is there an Android OBWan that can save me?
Symptoms are that the screen goes black (shut down) and I have to press the power button to restart. Seems not to crash when connected to the data cable. All apps removed. Tried factory reset. Battery seems to not charge over night to 100% like it used to. Phone shell was exchanged and the new one does the same. Im still on the old battery so it could be that BUT

@stu9000

I assume warranty is a no go?

Before rooting/downgrading a few other things to try;

1) Make a goldcard, I predict you needing one down the line...... (at the very least get the memory card CID (mmc2))

2) Try a factory restore in recovery mode ( boot into hboot > Recovery > once in recovery go vol up plus power to bring up menu)

3) If that fails then it is VERY likely a hardware fault, but if you want we can still try to root and try a different ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones