• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire screen problem

blue90

May 24, 2010
Hi,

When i am usually outside in sunlight the screen freezes and the home screen starts to flicker but then when i lock the screen and turn it back on, it works fine. Sometimes, when the touchscreen doesnt respond, I have to use the optical trackpad to restart the phone. I have never experienced this when i m in my room but when i m outside usually, this happens. It also happened twice when i was in a restaurant in the afternoon but i dont get it why it never happens when i m in my room. :S

I have posted a video, pls check and reply....

YouTube - 05062010057.mp4

Could be due to some overheating... do you live in a scorching desert? Try rebooting and removing battery for 15mins. Uninstalling any apps you recently downloaded from the market just to make sure these are not to blame. And perhaps tapping less than 1000x per second on the screen ;)
It doesnt seem normal behaviour tho. Might be wise to return the phone if it keeps going like that.

Upvote 0
It only happens in daylight so it's not an app issue neither it is an overheating issue because sometimes my phones feels warm when i m in my room using wifi but it never does this. It is definitly a faulty phone because it has not happened once, it happens most of the time in daylight!

P.S UK is quite warm innit? ;)

Upvote 0
It only happens in daylight so it's not an app issue neither it is an overheating issue because sometimes my phones feels warm when i m in my room using wifi but it never does this. It is definitly a faulty phone because it has not happened once, it happens most of the time in daylight!

P.S UK is quite warm innit? ;)

I have exactly the same problem.

Indoor everything works properly. Outdoor sometimes (60%) it gets crazy: scrolling, zooming, typing keys onto the virtual keyboard...

I've tried almost everything: remove screen protector, use a silicon case (to avoid static electricity), install "sensor list" app (light sensor seems to work properly), reinstall the phone, update to the latest software revision,... and it still fails.

The last try I have planned is to cover the light sensor with a black piece of paper and see if it works.

I can't ask a replace because I bought it 20 days ago and money back is only 15 days. My only hope is to send it to SAT but unfortunatelly it only happens outdoor and not always so I'm sure that SAT will return it to me withouth doing so much.

Please help! :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones