• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help desire software issue please help

dave5898

Lurker
Jun 4, 2013
I purchased a htc desire hd online since my cleaning lady put my old one in the washing machine.. the fellow i bought it off of advertised that he would unlock it if needed and i told him to go ahead and do it .. well he couldnt do it ..He didnt back-up the original rom and he had installed cyanogenmod 10.1 so he gave me the phone for peanuts and gave me the unlock code to try and just do it myself .. I figured that since i previosly had the same phone with the same carrier and i had saved my origional operating system that it wouldnt be a big deal to do it.. however when i try to install it it sits with the oxygen logo forever and doesnt advance to loading any further ( i left it at that for 2 hours and nothing ) .So i downloaded the ruu online and its useless to me .. even tho i have the original sd card that the seller bought and used with the phone and put it back to the same cyanogenmod that was installed by him ,my htc sync wont recognise my phone because of the mod he put in it therefore the ruu is comming up with the usb connection error. Im in canada and the carrier is telus canada. can i get the file elsewhere to put on my sd card and install it that way?? is that possible to put it 100% back to factory by doing this?? If so where would i find the file to do it? Ive looked almost everywhere for one.. Another option since i do like the style of the cyanogenmod is to fix the unlock code issue .. when i put in a telus sim it works well but when i put in my virgan sim it just doenst work, I put in the unlock code and it says its suscessfull but if i go to the list of carriers the list comes up with the telus sim in , but i get an error with my virgin sim and the telus one wont work unless i reboot with that sim in it. Is this a known issue that there is a fix for now... Please help me ive tried everything that i could think of.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones