Desire T Mobile Contracts

Last Updated:

1. Shazz

Shazz Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I searched through the forum a little and couldn't find an answer to my question...

I'm due an upgrade with T-Mobile (UK) on the 28th of this month, so a week today. At the minute the only deals I can find are

Advertisement
  2. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

When the desire first came out t-mobile charged very little for it. I joined as a new customer and say 20pm over 18 months. Think I paid 80quid for the phone. These deals just don't exist now

If you're already with them though, do your upgrading over the telephone and hammer their retentions team for a good deal. do your homework first though, and tell them what you can get elsewhere.

3. markymodem

markymodem Member

i paid

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

T-mobile were offering some excellent deals when the desire first came out in March. I was lucky enough to get one and paid

5. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

6. minnnt

minnnt Member

When i went to get my Desire from The Carphone Warehouse, the salesman told me that T-Mobile had dropped their

7. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

8. minnnt

minnnt Member

iphone 4? haha, 119quid for a phone on a 45quid contract!! LOL!!!!!

9. fried

fried Well-Known Member

I got my Desire from Mobile Phones Direct on T-Mobile a few weeks ago. I called T-Mobile to ask which Internet cap I was on, which turned out to be 1 GB, and after a bit of haggling, they put me up to the 3 GB tier, so this is what I get for 25 quid a month: -

Phone - Free (unlocked/unbranded) + HTC branded car charger
    Minutes - 600 (+ free evenings and weekends for being "new to the T-Mobile family")
    Texts - Unlimited (went up from 500 when my Internet cap went from 1 GB to 3 GB)
    Internet - 3 GB

Mobile Phones Direct still offer the same

10. Mavis Cruet

Mavis Cruet Well-Known Member

Post removed .. I've just realised they had removed the internet access from the deal I got .. Sorry.

11. Shazz

Shazz Member This Topic's Starter

12. fried

fried Well-Known Member

It's a 24 month contract. I agree with what you're saying, because getting the deal I got relies on haggling with T-Mobile, so if they refuse to budge on your contract, you may not get what you want.

13. ziggy1024

ziggy1024 Well-Known Member

If you ask mobilephonesdirect, they'll confirm that your phone would come with the 3gb limit - or they did with me anyway! I asked on their instant message thing & took screen shots... ;) As it was, they didn't actually register mine (or my PAC) with t-mobile so I had to call them to sort it anyway. When I spoke to t-mobile, they confirmed that all android phones should have 3gb package included, so your 'free booster' can be used for something else. :) No haggling needed!

14. LincsBri

LincsBri Member

i upgraded to the desire with t-mobile 2 weeks ago online and i had the same problem as you,i called customer upgrades and i got the desire for

15. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Go into a t-mobile store. They have special deals for existing customers in a book behind the counter - just ask what deals they have for existing customers.

You should also get

16. jeremyrss

jeremyrss Member

I have used payg phones offered by both orange and t-mobiles but this time i switched to vodafone by buying samsung galaxy s2 on PAYG while orange offers rubbish services so i had to avoid and unfortunately t-mobiles (they were offering me new Desire on contract instead of sgs2 as they lacked it but i denied and thats where i made a mistake) which have been so best in past few years did not offer sgs2 on contract as they lacked it's availability 3 mnths back when i intended to buy sgs2 hence i was compelled to buy it from vodafone on 18 mnths contract.

Previously i wasn't at all satisfied in utilizing the services orange offered me last year when i bought it on contract for 18 mnths which got expired prior to subscribing to present vodafone deal however currently i am not at all satisfied with present vodafone PAYG deal and i feel again im stuck in the same situation as i was last year but now i have understood its always better to buy a sim free unlocked phone and stay free without any restriction so could easily switch to other providers as per one's will rather being confined like a pet dog to a particular network carrier.

Now vodafone jst cut off my PAYG plan for not utilizing outgoing calls or texts over my phone for 6mths and this is total bullshit because of their business monopolies. Im on a 18 month contract with vodafone and i cant tell you enough how much of a bad decision i have made. I have regretted moving to vodafone but should have stayed with t-mobile that offered me best mobile phone deals if i haven't bothered bout sgs2 at that time.

I cant wait i might even pay off my contract to get rid of these people. Their advertising and their prices makes them seem like the most reliable network providers. In my personal experience this is not true.

17. pav4n

pav4n Active Member