Desire to Hi-Fi

Last Updated: 2010-11-11 17:40:27
  1. mobily

mobily Active Member

Hello all,

I have been doing some digging around and quite like the look of Spotify the the unlimited music streaming service it offers.

What I would like to do is use the Desire as my music server and then connect that to the Amp on my sound system so that I can player music through my floorstanding speakers.

I know that I can connect via the headphone output socket but the quality isn't great and obviously the power isn't there.

Is there anyway to use the USB output to improve sound quality at all?

What does everyone else do? :)

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Not that I know of but I find the output from jack to be ok. It doesn't need power as that is what your amp is for.

Try poweramp from the market
  3. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

4. SUroot

Agree. Headphone out is pure analogue audio signal
  5. rasobey

rasobey Well-Known Member

Bluetooth would be fair worse than anything output via the 3.5mm jack.
  6. joela85

joela85 Member

As far as I know the Desire Doesn't have the ability to transmit music via the usb connector. therefore the only audio out for the desire is the 3.5mm jack or bluetooth which is a shame.
  7. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

I use an AV lead into the headphone jack. If the sound is poor its because of spotify and not how it is coming out via the jack.

As said above bluetooth will not give you as good quality as the jack and there is no way to use the usb.

I also have my laptop connected to my surround sound with 300b of music on it and use gmote so I can control my music from my phone wherever I am in the house :)
  8. Stucky

Stucky Well-Known Member

You do know you have to pay
  9. mobily

mobily Active Member

They're currently offering a 7 day free trail so am going to give that a whirl to see if it is worth all the hype!

I like the idea of the phone being my music server and having access to a massive library of music at my fingertips.
  10. SUroot

Its good if you're moving around. For home use though, there are much better alternatives.