desire turns itself off when using satnavSupport

Last Updated:

1. brinsk

brinsk Member This Topic's Starter

ive had the desire for about 4 months now, but have never been able to use google satnav properly.

at first it was fine, as are pretty much all phones when new. but then i was using satnav on a long journey and the phone started to get very hot, and then it just turned itself off completely (the phone). so now everytime i use satnav, after only 10 minutes it just turns the phone off.........:mad:

as its under 6 months old, should i just send it back under warranty, or is there something i could do (in the settings perhaps) to fix it myself. just as an add-on, orange (my network carrier) sent me out a new battery as they said it was definitely that that was causing the problem......im guessing they were wrong

so.......any suggestions?

d:cool:

Advertisement
    DCFC79 likes this.
  2. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

Hi might be a coincidence but im also on orange, i was using a car charger i bought (not the official 1 though)

3. brinsk

brinsk Member This Topic's Starter

that doesnt seem to make any difference. i have one and bought my wife one too, on the same day. i can use hers and it doesnt happen. switch to mine, and off it goes!

DCFC79 likes this.
  4. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

are they the same charger, i didnt try it with the phone not running off the car charger so maybe that could be something i could try

it wasnt a long journery i took, i took a longer 1 a few months ago and it didnt shut down

forgot to say is yours unlocked,

5. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

This sounds like a known fault on the Desire, best bet is to contact HTC direct, as it requires a motherboard replacement.

DCFC79 likes this.
  6. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

I have used phone in sat nav mode before when connected to the 12 volt charger i have and i didnt have problems then but that was before the update,

brinsk have you seen this thread, might be of help and this 1