desire UAE version

Last Updated:

1. desirehtc2010

desirehtc2010 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 27, 2010
    HI, I recently bought an unlocked desire phone. it turns out, its UAE version. for some reason, i could not update the firmware. that's when i called HTC customer service. i was told that i have to wait for UAE update. so, my question is, is there any way i can update it using the computer? it possible to change the phone from UAE to US?

2. droidzone

droidzone Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    The only way you can update firmware preserving the warranty is to wait for the OTA (Over the air) updates officially released by HTC in your country.

Just setup your phone to receive OTA updates by selecting Menu>Settings>System Software Updates>Scheduled check.

Once an OTA becomes available, your phone will notify you and you can download it via Wifi or GPRS/EDGE.

In case you need the update faster, you will have to root your phone (giving yourself Administrator privileges to your phone), potentially voiding the warranty. Of course you can reverse the process too, unrooting the phone and returning it to original state. But let's just say it's a bit tedious if you don't want to read a lot of techie stuff. Of course if you're tech savvy or don't mind reading up stuff, the way to root is open.. :) Rooting processes like Unrevoked have certainly made the process a lot simpler than previously.

But I guess it's on my conscience to caution you that rooting and unrooting isnt very simple. :)