Desire unexpectedly reboots

Last Updated:

1. wouterwp

wouterwp New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I have discovered an error in my phone which seems to occur only when connected through 3G (not WIFI).

What happens is the following: I turn/have the phone with 3G on and turn on the youtube app. I click on a movie and the whole phone completely reboots immediately; i.e. I get the whole "HTC quietly brilliant" intro screen and have to enter my PIN again.

I have downloaded a log scanner and ran through the above specified actions (phone rebooted again) and it saved everything that happened according to the log. When wanting to send the log to my e-mail, the phone rebooted immediately again(!). I turned it on again, shut 3G off and went on WIFI. After this I sent the log to my e-mail. No problems. My sister has a Desire as well and has no such problem...

So, now I have this log and was hoping someone would let me send it to him/her and have a look at it to find a clue as to what's wrong.. Maybe I have to bring the phone back or maybe it can be solved in a less troublesome way (read: I can keep this wonderful apparatus with me:)...!

Who can help!?:confused::confused:

Wouter.

P.S. I am now thinking I might have posted this in the wrong forum, but as almost everyone here is a Desire user I was hoping for the biggest knowledge base checking this message!

Advertisement
  2. wouterwp

wouterwp New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I found out by switching on and off different apps that the error occurs immediately when Fring is trying to start on the 3G network.. Would it be possible that my provider made a deal with HTC that they would kill the Desire from a distance if Fring is used on their network?

Too bad for Fring, but it has to go now..! Will keep you guys updated if I find out that this non-academic research proves to be wrong!

Wouter.