Desire vs. Desire HdGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Replay

Replay Active Member

I am one of many who own the Desire and looking forward to switch to the Desire HD. I found this video to compare the two. size wise and performance.

I thought it could help others too.

2. MrPie

MrPie Well-Known Member

Well looks like the Desire beat them both. Also it definitely seems the quality of the screen of the Desire HD is much more vibrant than the first Desire. Definitely an improvement
  3. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

Good. This makes me more assured that getting DHD as an upgrade next Monday is the way to go :)
  4. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Well-Known Member

The difference in speed between the Desire and HD is amazing. Is it really that much faster?
  5. Replay

Replay Active Member

Boot time in the HD is almost instant !
  6. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

In all fairness, if your a current Desire owner, I would hold off until next year to see what HTC are working on next.
  7. Lalaland

Lalaland Well-Known Member

The DHD is certainly faster than the Desire and it's very noticeable when web browsing. But if you put them both together on a desk in front of you you'll notice the Desire has a slightly nicer looking screen than the DHD.

I put my Desire (with AMOLED, not SLCD screen) next to my DHD and tested them both. The Desire certainly has the edge there, but you soon forget that if you don't run them next to each other.
    Replay likes this.
  8. SpencerUk

Wait and see what HTC has planned next year..It's certainly a worth while upgrade from Any Tatoo, Hero user out there!
  9. NineToTheSky

Yes - but the trouble with that is that there is always something better and more exciting just over the horizon!
  10. SpencerUk

Thats my point..Upgrading from a normal Desire to a Desire HD IMO I couldn't justify...I mean bar some updated things and higher spec camera and RAM, I couldn't justify an immediate update.

I'm also quite confident that HTC will adapt the Desire HD ROM for normal Desire owners anyway

Thats why I am saying wait until next year as HTC Will bring out that beats it and thats how it goes :)
  11. Lalaland

Lalaland Well-Known Member

Yeah, if people are going to sign up to 18 or 24 month contracts they may kick themselves when HTC release another flagship phone in 6 months or so as they are famous for doing...
  12. NineToTheSky

You're not doing a colrey now, are you?

(Only joking...) :D
  13. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member i need a sample model for that lol.

Took some photos of it..Youtube is playing hardball of trying to upload a boot up video :(