Desire vs desire HDGeneral

Last Updated:

1. FE101

FE101 Member This Topic's Starter

Dear all,

I apologise in advance if this question has already been asked. I had a look and searched the forum but no post could be found.

I am new to smartphones and I am superkeen in android (although I haven't discarded iphone yet). Three network offers the desire and desire hd, which I absolutely love! (both of them)
    I "guess" (never owned one...) I would use a smartphone for internet, skype, reading PDF files (not an actual book but e.g. dosage of a drug or interactions etc) and emails.

I was wondering whether someone who has owned both could suggest which I should buy.

Concerns:
    - desire has already been around for months, would it be worth waiting for new phones?
    - I LOVE the HD but, is it too big to carry around, especially during hopsital shifts and keep it in my scrubs' pocket.
    - I am not so keen on the design of the desire but the size is great!
    - desire doesn't have htc sense

Thank you in advance for your help!

Advertisement
  2. smurph1

smurph1 Well-Known Member

Both will cater for your needs, Desire, HD & iphone are all similar in size, HD might be a fraction larger, iphone is thinner - but that doesn't help it fit in a pocket - if u know what I mean.
    HD is much newer, and has better screen and 8MP camera, and likely other functionality.
    HD runs Android 2.2, not sure if Desire s upgradeable to this, someone else may answer that.

3. Yui

Yui Member

I have the HD and my mum has the Desire. Essentially they are almost the same, except the HD has a bigger screen, aluminium casing, better camera and overall bigger. HTC Sense is updated on the HD. Both the desire and HD have Froyo 2.2, and more than likely will be getting Gingerbread 2.3. If price is not an issue I'd say just go for the HD seeing as it'll last longer into the future imo.

4. aneroid

aneroid Member

5. upriverfoot

upriverfoot New Member

quite sure HTC desire can run android 2.2,nexus s also good,can run2.3the size cater for you.