Desire will not boot up

Last Updated: 2012-07-23 17:42:32
  1. raclan

raclan New Member

Hi All,

I'm very new to this forum and new to htc so apologies if I am starting a new thread unnecessarily or posting in the wrong place! :confused:

I had the Desire from my mum a few weeks ago as my iPhone died a horrible death. At first the phone was fine, then I started having (what seem to be common) storage problems. I have not rooted the phone.

More recently I have kept getting storage errors and the phone would request that I "force stop" when trying to access any application (eg Facebook, solitaire, Twitter, Maps).

Today the thing has just died, it boots to the htc logo screen and then refreshes back to the same screen. I have tried taking the battery out for ages and the rebooting to no avail. I have also tried powering up whilst holding the volume down button and then selecting "recovery" which just takes me to a screen with a red triangle with an exclamation mark inside and goes no further. I have also tried taking the battery out whilst it is booting up and then putting back in.

I have read on other forum threads about other suggesting solutions, however they all involve the phone being on which isn't possible at the moment!

The recovery screen is as follows:

BRAVO PVT1 SHIP 2-ON
    HBOOT-0. 93. 0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNW0101
    RADIO-5. 11. 05. 27
    Aug 10 2010, 17:52:18

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    CLEAR STORAGE
    SIMLOCK

Can anyone please help? I am desperately trying to get a job at the moment and my mobile number is the only number on my recently distributed CVs, I do not have a spare phone so need this to be working asap!!!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

The triangle with the exclamation mark is the stock recovery, so nothing to worry about. The only thing I can suggest is wipe (clear storage) it via the volume down+power option.
    To get round the low storage issue, the best (by far) option is root and install a custom rom. I'd recommended having a read of the "all things root" stickies in the sub forum.