Desire with keyboard, any point?

Do we need a slideout keyboard?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2010.
  1. no, the typing on the screen is the best you can get.

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. yes, and hurry up and release it.

4 vote(s)
    21.1%

Last Updated:

1. colrey

colrey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Desire with slideout keyboard, would there be any point ? or will all phones have touch screen from now on?

Advertisement
  2. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

I know some people love having a slide out keyboard, but i have never liked them on phones. And the desire touchscreen has been very responsive.

3. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

The Desire touchscreen keyboard is fantastic. It's responsive and extremely impressive when it comes to predicting and correcting errors.

4. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

Love having Swype on it. Hate thick phones, so having a slideout is not good. While I do lose screen real estate, I still prefer touchscreen to physical.

Tim

5. Arctic-Winds

Arctic-Winds Active Member

I would love a slideout keyboard. I've come from the N900 and found it a joy to use on that handset. It would also mean the whole screen could be used for text which for me would be extremely useful.

6. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I personally don't like physical keyboards, if you do, there are alternatives(Droid, etc).

7. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

Desire touch screen is so responsive and the phone picks up mistakes and corrects them so well that I don't think a physical keyboard would be necessary.

That said, I know some people prefer a physical keyboard but if that is the case, is the Desire really the phone for you? There are others out there with keyboards on....

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

People only think they prefer physical keyboards, because they think using an on screen one would be too hard. Everyone who has said this to me have immediately changed their minds upon using my phone. Even more so when they try swype. In fact swype has been the key to a few friends saying they will be getting the desire

9. colrey

the reason i have put this poll up is because i have seen a picture of it, and i just dont see the point in it, just seems like such a waste of time when touch screens now are superb, the iphone was good, but the htc desire/sence cant be beaten, so why do a slide out keyboard?
    only time will tell i guess,,,,

10. colrey

90% of people have voted for,,,,
    no, the typing on the screen is the best you can get.

GOOD TO SEE ITS NOT JUST ME THEN,

11. Lps

Lps Member

i voted buttons, ocd + touchscreen phone = nightmares lol!

that and i still think its quicker to text with buttons myself, at least when you push a button you know you've pushed it....

how many people can text without looking like you can with a normal 'button' equipped phone? :rolleyes:

12. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

The desire is my first smartphone and touch screen phone and i think the touch keyboard is excellent,even the mini qwerty keyboard,it is very accurate and even if i make a mistake the phone corrects me 9 times out of 10.

13. yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbee Well-Known Member

I dont care how good the auto correction is etc. Its just a different experience to using a hard keyboard and I like hard keyboard much better. Feels good. Just my personal preference though..

No matter how great the keyboard is on a virtual keyboard, I still have to look at the keyboard when I type. I would like to eventually get used to virtual..but for now, its physical all the way for me and dayam that Vision is lookin nice.

14. colrey

yes i had a proper keyboard (G1) and was worried about the hero, but since then i have never looked back, previous comment, person saying they prefer solid keyboard because when you press the key you know you have pressed it, haptic feedback does this when you type on the touch screen,