• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire Z won't stay on / battery dies in seconds

I just bought an unlocked Bell Desire Z to use on AT-T in the states. I've had it for about a month and until the last week it has been great. One day, after getting a bit of water on it (light rain) i pulled it out of my pocket and it wouldn't turn on. When I powered it up, it would load all the way to the lock screen but when I unlocked it, it would go to a black background that said ANDROID SYSTEM and a window would show up that said Shutting Down... and then it would power off. I left it off for a day and it worked for about 3 more days. Then it started doing it again, This morning it stayed on for about 4 minutes and I watched as the battery drained and then it shut down again. I have also tried restoring the phone and that didn't work either. Help please! I really need this to be fixed! Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones