• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire's not responding and booting in safe mode

D

Deleted User

Last night, my phone was fine before I plugged it in to charge. This morning. No alarm went off. The screen was extremely jerky when I was trying to browse through music. And then random bits of screen were being "pressed" when I was tyring to do anything. Rebooted it, no change. Now the bottom cm or so of screen stops responding to ANY finger presses. Thus making it impossible for me to get into settings menu. But it IS responsive with the notification bar (ie you can drag it down near the bottom and jiggle it around the area which I can no longer press)
I've got launcher pro, which updated last night automatically. So I have everything on its launcher bar, now I can't get to anything. (How do I create a shortcut to the list of all apps?).
Now when I reboot the phone its in safe mode with sense and the bottom cm is still unresponsive.
Getting a bit annoyed now as its making everything a bitch to do and I can't reinstall Froyo til I get home from work. Anyone had similar issues?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones