desk clock

Last Updated:

1. sniper8752

sniper8752 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i used the desk clock app. where it has the time, but noticed that after a lil' while, the screen goes off... i thought the objective of this was to stay on?

Advertisement
  2. anika200

anika200 Well-Known Member

Not sure it works that way. I am running cm6 so I can not check the stock settings. Even cm6 lacks a setting to leave the screen on at all times as far as I can tell.

You do have a couple of options though, neither leave the screen on. You can disable the lock screen with "no lock" and then set your optical button to wake the phone via another program or these instructions. (Wanted) Optical Sleep Wake - xda-developers. This would allow you to wake the clock up by pressing one button.
    You can flash the CM6 rom CyanogenMod-6 for Aria: It's soo sexy - the proof is in the kernel! V6.0.0 (08/27/10) - xda-developers. This gives you both these settings with out other programs and a whole bunch more cool stuff.
    You can install other apps that allow the lock screen to display a night time clock. Not sure which ones to recommend though.

3. 0siris

0siris Member

I haven't tried Desk Clock this way, but forgot to check my Aria after plugging it in for charging once, and the screen was still on some time later.

Maybe it's meant to be plugged in when used as a Desk Clock?

4. anika200

anika200 Well-Known Member

That could be but my aria usually shuts the screen off at some point no matter what. Maybe it just takes the right settings, etc...
    I also just noticed that the Tasker app claims to be able to put your phone into "docking" mode which leads me to believe the backlight would stay on. I have not tried it yet though.

5. sniper8752

sniper8752 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i'm thinking it might have to be plugged in...