Desk Dock Won't Remember SelectionTips

1. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

Is it just me?

Suppose my RAZR Maxx is sitting in my desk dock in Office Mode. Then I need to check out an app or something, and I end up on my home screen. To go back to the dock, I pull down the dock icon, and I get the "Select Dock Type" menu. "Office" is marked, and there's a little check in "Remember my selection." But it doesn't remember my selection. I have to re-select "Office" every freakin' time I go back to the dock.

(Prior docks -- for the Bionic and, IIRC, the OG Droid -- did not have this problem. They'd immediately go into the dock type I'd selected, and I would have to go into the Dock Settings to un-remember my selection and pick a new dock type.)

OK, granted, it's only, like, one extra selection on a touch screen, but I'm pretty peeved that I have to keep doing it several times a day. How do I make it actually remember my selection and just return to the office dock screen?

Also, as long as I've got your attention, there's an option to "show other downloaded dock applications." Are there any better apps that run with the dock, because I think the few dock types built in kind of ... suck.

Advertisement
    :