Desktop Charger / Alarm ClockGeneral

Last Updated:

1. phorts

phorts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One of the things that i was/am most excited about the Incredible is the hope that it can replace my 15 year old Digital Alarm Clock. (Bless it's circuits it's been tryin to wake my a$$ up since 1995).

It appears there is no Desktop Charger/Cradle thing yet but i'm wondering if anyone knew if/when one would be out or if 3rd party companies would make one.

My concern is that the usb thing is on the side with the Volume Rocker. I get the usb on the side, since the clock will look/work best in landscape mode, but how would one snooze? Touch Screen command?

On another note. I'm a little disappointed in the stock Alarm Clock and it's lack of features. For one, the size of the time is pretty small, especially given the real estate that HTC has to work with here. I mean, come on.... you could easily DOUBLE the size of the time and still have tons of space. It's just too small.

Are there other clocks on the market that have better features than the stock Android/Sense Alarm Clock that also integrates with Sense?

Does anyone else share my concerns?

Thanks for the insight. I'm sure i'll find an acceptable solution at some point, i'm just a little bummed that there isnt one on launch day. But i'll get over it...if one comes out :D

Thanks!

Edit: I just notice i use the hash/slash thing alot.. lol/hah.

Advertisement
  2. Tonysracing

Tonysracing Well-Known Member

I visited a Verizon corporate store yesterday asking for the charging cradle, and I was told it will be available post launch. I said, "isn't the launch today?" Was then told it will be available post launch.

3. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member

Post launch does not mean the day it's launched. Post launch can be weeks afterwards. Of course there will be 3rd party desktop chargers as with any type of new eletronic that can handle certain things, just don't expect them to be available right away.