Desktop Cradle Mode

Last Updated:

1. fegriffith

fegriffith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my desktop cradle finally arrived and I started playing with it. My initial reaction was that I liked it. Then I realized it's not customizable. At all.

So what's the point? I can't change the shortcut icons at the bottom, I can't change brightness or text...but the worst part is I can't change what notifications I get when changing it to "night" mode. WTH? I do not want my phone buzzing and beeping all night long from automatic robot email messages that hit my accounts at 3:00 - 5:30 a.m. I want all notifications off and only phone calls to come through until I change it back to daytime mode or remove it from the dock.

Am I asking too much? I did find Bedside Mode on the market from when I had my original Droid so I'll be using that at night...but I can't believe I need a third party app to get this functionality.

Advertisement
  2. erasmogjr

erasmogjr Member

Try tasker it is on the market and can do all this and more. Just create a profile for night time. My night profile turns the brightness down but keeps the display on, only allows calls, turns on bluetooth, gps, wifi, and on exit at 5 am sounds an alarm. You can even have it so that the profile you make activates only when in the desktop cradle.

edit:sorry didnt notice you didnt want a third party app but tasker is a great app