Desktop CradleAccessories

Last Updated:

1. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seriously....how is there not one of these yet? I don't want some crappy 3rd party one or a "universal" product either. Why can't we get a sharp, nice-looking desktop cradle for this phone yet?

:eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement
  2. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Totally agree that there is a serious lack of accessories for Android phones compared to iPhone or Blackberry. Probably because Android phones come in so many different sizes from just as many manufactures.

The best desktop cradle I found was one from Clingo.

3. cartisdm

So....it just sticks? I can't seem to wrap my head around that haha. Maybe I'll check out some youtube videos after work. Anyone else perplexed?!

4. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Consider it an opportunity. America is synonymous with entrepreneurship. If you see a real need for Android accessories like a good cradle, develop one and bring it to market. I am sure you would make millions if it a good product. Otherwise, just use duct tape and a soda can :).

5. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I think this is partially due to the fact that our power slot is on it's side and there is no landscape mode for the home screen. I have seen a few docks that have similar issues resolved by sliding the phone in from the left or right, keeping it in portrait mode.

I have also been searching for a one step dock.

6. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

I know what your saying and i agree.... that said i went out and spent 7.00 and am 100% happy with what i found;) with a 10 min. mod it works perfect. i have one on my nightstand and one in my office. it holds my extra battery and blue-tooth as well as my case(office one). i can also mod it for landscape if i feel the need. seriosly the Mods i can do with this are endless:)

im happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Robhimself

Robhimself Well-Known Member

Honestly I was upset about this not being around but now that I know the dock doesn't trigger the phone to go into a dock mode I don't care. Im actually almost convinced that HTC is getting too many phones out there. I am very jealous of the choices that the X users have already.

8. Wintergon

Wintergon Active Member

9. Wintergon

Wintergon Active Member

10. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member

What I'm hopeful for is that the OTA for froyo and all those HTC widget goodies will actually change sense UI to allow landscape mode. What better opportunity than to make this change now so they can start pumping out accessories for ... the fastest phone on the market.

11. Roller

Roller Well-Known Member

12. cartisdm

^^^ Always out of stock because Verizon pulled it. No one knows when it will become available again. (Source: I read about it in some other posts earlier today)

^^^ That one, to me, seems "chunky." I don't want to have to plug in my phone after setting it in the dock.

As for the landscape issue, I'm sure there is an app out there to get the phone to go into a "bedside mode" similar to BlackBerries. (I don't have my phone yet so I can't check)

13. MutantCheese

The "desk clock" portion of the clock screen puts the phone in auto so that it works either in landscape or portrait, but you have to access that feature, which defeats the purpose of the 1 step dock. Seems like an easy software fix tho.

14. papamarik

papamarik Well-Known Member

15. Robhimself

Robhimself Well-Known Member

Seems simple... Seems like it should have always been that way. The clock in landscape view needs to be larger though. When im not wearing my glasses I dont want to have to hold the phone up to my face at night. I got rid of my alarm clock cause the storm did this perfectly. I hate that my BB was such garbage but did simple stuff so perfectly like sound profiles and a stupid clock.

16. MutantCheese

Someone should start a petition or maybe that isn't the right term. Maybe a "I'd buy one right now" sign up sheet would be more like it and send it in to HTC/Verison so they can see how many sales they are missing.