Desktop Doc Issues??Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Josh9121977

Josh9121977 Member This Topic's Starter

I have been using my X desktop doc for a couple of days now, with no issues - until today. I had it in the doc and my phone rang, when I completed my call and went to place it back in the doc, the entire screen went dim. You could barely read the clock but you could still see it. I pushed the power button and nothing happened (it stayed very dark). When I pulled it back off the doc, it was back to normal. I placed it back on the doc again and it happened the rest of the day (as long as it was in the doc, it was extremely dim). I could pull up my apps page and that would come up crystal clear, just not the desktop doc home page (remained very dim). Anyone else having any issues like this? Any solutions?

Advertisement
  2. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

You may have accidentally tapped the little brightness button, which does dim the display. Tap it again and it goes back to normal. It's for when its on your bedside, and you don't want it shining in your eyes.

Josh9121977 likes this.
  3. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I hate the fact you have to hit the button to undim it and not anywhere on the screen.

4. CEV

CEV Well-Known Member

Yup, that is probably it. Doing that makes it WAY too dim. Is there no way to adjust it?

5. zanix

zanix Member

It's kinda nice if you use it for a bedside alarm clock

A way to adjust it would be nice
    Maybe a widget that adjusts the brightness added as a dock widget?

6. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

Dazzle has one. Snag it. I did. You can create a widget that will adjust brightness based on lighting, or just by manually changing it yourself.

7. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

yeah im betting you hit the dim button. i *think* its on the left side of the screen (couldnt tell you for sure because I dont have my X yet) it is a very useful feature though for a night stand. my Storm has a "bedside" mode which dims the screen so its not so bright in a pich black room.

8. Bobby_V

Bobby_V Member

my issue is that it is super hard to put sometimes. The usb dongle wiggles ever so slightly angle it is not perfectly straight. Just by a little bit and the phone is hard to put in. I think I might exchange it when they get more in stock.

9. ptown434

ptown434 Well-Known Member

I just got mine.
    Don't know about you guys, but the LCD is way too bright in the dock to use as a nightclock/alarm. I am referring to it in the dim setting.

Whoever had the Storm with the dock (or any BB w/latest OS) knows what I'm talking about. It was dim enough not to light up a pitch dark room. But you could still see the time.

Pic of BB Storm in doc

The X, in dim mode, it looks bright at an angle and even looking straight at it.

10. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

The Incredible was too bright too.

The only good alarm clock I've ever had for brightness is still in my room after probably 20 years. Just ugly red leds that put no light into the room but you can always see the clock clearly.