Desktop dock complaintAccessories

Last Updated:

1. stinkynelson

stinkynelson Member This Topic's Starter

I got the Desktop Dock for the Fascinate yesterday. It works really well overall but I have a major complaint.

Instead of using the A/C power cord that came with the dock, I used the USB cord that came with the phone. My expectation was that the Fascinate would charge AND be able to mount on the PC from the desktop dock. No luck though. It only charges in the dock, even though it's powering via my PC's USB port.

Anybody know whether this might change with 2.2 update? According to a sticker on the back of the dock, the 3.5 mm audio jack will work when/if 2.2 is released to the Fascinate.

Advertisement
  2. tjbugs1

tjbugs1 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this just needs a software fix, my D1 does this fine. One thing that makes me unsure if it is just the software is the way the SF knows what dock it is in. Instead of magnets like Moto uses Samsung uses the hardware of the dock. So it may never work but lets hope it does someday!

3. Gangularis

Gangularis Member

Yeah, I got the desktop dock, and I was very disappointed by this, as well. Also, a bit annoying that I have to take my phone case off every time i want to dock it.