Desktop lagging

Last Updated:

1. tfm217

tfm217 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I got the Droid from Verizon a couple days ago, and about two days ago I rooted it, and I'm now using Bugless Beast 0.9 with a 5 slot chevy 1.2ghz kernel. I keep the CPU set to 800 because i feel like 1200ghz is burning up the battery unnecessarily when I'm playing games.

However, I can't figure out why sometimes when I'm returning to the home screen, no icons will display for about 5 seconds (usually when exiting a program that eats up a large amount of CPU). Could it have something to do with SetCPU settings?

Advertisement
  2. tfm217

I tried raising the minimum CPU speed to 250mhz, that was probably it. We'll see.

3. tfm217

Still happening. Does anyone know why this would happen? Does it have to do with too many programs being installed?

I heard the amount of active processes shouldn't slow down the Android OS...so... ??

4. blackops

blackops Well-Known Member

I had that problem, i switched from Helix 2 to just Helix. I also uninstalled ATK and that did it. No more annoying lag. Try that.

5. tfm217

I tried with and without ATM, and both ways the same thing happens. It's strange, because otherwise there is never any slowdown. It's just those 3-5 seconds after I try to return to the home screen.

6. PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz Well-Known Member

I have HelixLauncher and it does the same once in a while.

I figured that it is because HelixLauncher and other Launchers are concidered as APPs by the system, and so when ram is needed for a big game or such it clears HelixLauncher (or whatever homescreen replacement you use) out, having to reload it all when you press the home button.

I might be wrong.

I have stopped using task killers, but if you do use one, you could try putting it on a NeverKill list and see if it still does it.

7. tfm217

I would, but I don't run the advanced task manager unless I'm killing tasks.

GRR still happening lol. I mean, 4 or 5 widgets and a live wallpaper... should that really be enough to cause that kind of delay?