Desktop sync Lotus notes calendarSupport

Last Updated:

1. theil01

theil01 Member This Topic's Starter

I need to be able to sync my Lotus notes calendar and contacts with my HTC Hero. The sync must be done directly from my desktop to the phone, so what I am looking for is a one step sync. For security reasons I can not use a two step process where I sync notes to google email or other providers. It is not nescessary to sync email, only calendar and contacts. Is this possible?
    Thanks for your help

Advertisement
  2. JackTheMan18

JackTheMan18 Well-Known Member

Yes it is possible (with some caveats).
    1. Search for ICalendar Export for Lotus Notes ( I use it on Notes V6.5). Install. This will allow you to export your selected calendar events.
    2. Import your calendar events into Google Calendar. (Import from the file that you exported to in step 1).
    3. Sync your google calendar with your HTC magic (automatically, or in the background, etc..)
    Notes: I found some issues with repeating events. Although they show up correctly in Google Calendar, they may not show up on your HTC Magic Calendar. Not sure why. There are some workarounds.
    Hope this helps.;)

3. cjscol

cjscol Member

HTC Sync, came on the Micro SD card included with my Hero, or download from http://www.htc.com/